Youth Apprenticeship is a
one or two-year program that combines school-based and work-based learning. As
a youth apprentice, students will earn an hourly wage, train with professionals
in the field, and earn credits for high school.
Apprenticeships are open to juniors and
seniors; they include specialized training, at the high school and/or off
campus locations. Apprenticeship students are supported by the
608-437-2400 ext. 2181
Mount Horeb’s Youth Apprenticeship
partners with Dane County School Consortium to provide students opportunities
in the following programs:
Services (Certified Nursing Assistant)
Hospitality & Tourism
How do I get started?
- Fill out the Youth Apprenticeship Application
- Complete the applications and return to the School to Work
- Submit application with 3 recommendations (2 from teachers, counselors or
administrator from Mount Horeb High School, 1 from an adult outside the school).
- Prepare to interview with your School to Career Coordinator—Ms.
- Why do you want to participate in this program?
- School records are reviewed.
- Have you explored the career path you are interested in?
- Do you understand the youth apprenticeship responsibilities?
Dane County School Consortium