THE VISION OF MH4K
All four-year-old children in the Mount Horeb Area School District will have access to a developmentally appropriate program using a whole child approach to learning through a collaborative partnership between home, community, and school.
THE MISSION OF MH4K
The Mount Horeb Area School District and collaborating early childhood partners will provide a high quality collaborative model of care and education to four-year-old children in the community.
MOUNT HOREB FOUR-YEAR-OLD KINDERGARTEN BELIEFS STATEMENTS
- all children are capable and competent.
- early relationships matter.
- a child's early learning and development is multi-dimensional.
- expectations for children must be guided by knowledge of child growth and development.
- children are individuals who develop at various rates and follow his/her own unique path.
- children are members of cultural groups that share developmental patterns.
- children exhibit a range of skills and competencies within any domain of development.
- children learn best through play, problem solving, and the active exploration of their environment.
- parents and guardians are children's first and most important caregivers and educators.
- classroom environment should nurture a child’s cognitive, physical, social, and emotional growth and development.
- children should experience success in their learning environment.
- a classroom climate should foster respect, dignity and trust for self and others.
- collaborative partnerships between parents/guardians and teachers can foster lifelong learning skills.