Youth Apprenticeship is a one or two-year program that combines school-based and work-based learning. As a youth apprentice, students will earn an hourly wage, train with professionals in the field, and earn credits for high school.
Apprenticeships are open to juniors and seniors; they include specialized training, at the high school and/or off campus locations. Apprenticeship students are supported by the School-to-Career Coordinator:Penny Thompson608-437-2400 ext. 2181Mount Horeb’s Youth Apprenticeship partners with Dane County School Consortium to provide students opportunities in the following programs:
· FinanceHow do I get started?
- Fill out the Youth Apprenticeship Application
- Prepare to interview with your School to Career Coordinator—Ms. Thompson
- Why do you want to participate in this program?
- School records are reviewed.
- Have you explored the career path you are interested in?
- Do you understand the youth apprenticeship responsibilities?