Who we are: The Mount Horeb Area Education Foundation www.mhaef.org is an independent, not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen and enrich Mount Horeb schools by supporting educational opportunities that enhance student learning and our greater community.
Why we formed: The MHAEF was established by a group of citizens who want to:
- promote more community involvement in our school system;
- respond pro-actively to anticipated funding challenges in our public school system;
- provide private funding to support innovative education projects.
What the MHAEF is doing:
- Initiating a tutoring and mentoring program beginning at the Intermediate Center. The MHAEF was selected by the Department of Public Instruction as one of 25 AmeriCorps member sites to develop a tutor/mentor program. Consider volunteering to help with this important program for our children. Monica Jenkins, the MHAEF AmeriCorps member coordinates this program.
Click on the link to the right to e-mail Monica firstname.lastname@example.org
- providing support and educational materials for the Farm-to-Schools program.
- Soliciting grant funding for the Take Home Books program at the Primary Center.
- Recruiting volunteers for the school district to support tutoring/mentoring and academic enrichment.
What can parents do?